|Stir fried rice cakes with black bean chili sauce|
1 lb frozen or fresh rice cakes
1 cup asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper (orange, red or yellow)
7 large cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
1/2 lb fresh bean sprouts
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee Guizhou Black Bean Chili
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- If the rice cakes are frozen, soak them in cool water for 30 minutes. Then drain and slice then 1/4 inch thick. If they are fresh, there is no need to soak them.
- Heat a large wok with canola oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the mushrooms, Saute for 3 minutes over medium high heat.
- Now add the asparagus and the sugar snap peas and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rice cakes, rice wine, chili bean paste and soy sauce and toss well. Cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat. At this point the rice cake will soften and absorb some flavor from the sauces.
- Add the bean sprouts and peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add sugar - mix and cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot
Serves 3 as a meal