|Kadai chicken with leftover rotisserie chicken|
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 large Roma tomato (they are less juicy than their round cousins), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced green chili (Serrano or jalapeño)
1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 to 3/4th teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
1 1/4 teaspoon freshly crushed coriander seeds or coriander powder
1 teaspoon kasoori methi
1. Heat a 10 inch non-stick skillet with canola oil over medium heat.
2. Add the minced garlic, minced green chili and sauté for 20 seconds. Add the sliced onion and a pinch of salt and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, until the onions are soft and a little brown at the edges.
3. Now add the chicken strips and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and stir with the onion mixture for another 3 minutes, further caramelizing the onions and browning the chicken.
4. Add the tomato, chili flakes, coriander powder and another 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for another 3 minutes or until the tomato is soft.
5. Finally add the bell pepper, stirring well and cook for the final three minutes, till the bell peppers are cooked but still crunchy. Add the crushed kasoori methi and mix well.
6. Transfer to a serving dish.