|Blood orange madeleines|
1 teaspoon double acting baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 large organic eggs
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
2 teaspoons finely grated blood orange zest (from 2 blood oranges)
6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, melted, warm
One 12-cake regular madeleine pan. I used a non-stick pan. If not using a non-stick pan, spray with a vegetable spray before using.
- Whisk baking powder, salt, and flour in a small bowl.
- Whisk eggs, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, honey, and blood orange zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients until just incorporated, then whisk in melted butter until smooth. Transfer batter to a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag and chill at least 1 hour. i used a freezer bag since it is thicker than a regular ziploc bag.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly dust the madeleine pan with flour. Snip 1 corner of freezer bag and pipe batter into each mold, filling two-thirds full. You will have enough batter for 4 more!
- Bake madeleines until edges are golden brown and centers are puffed and lightly spring back when gently pressed, about 7 - 8 minutes.
- With a non-stick pan, the madeleines will literally slide off. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- Do Ahead: Batter can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.