Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate Salad with Sumac
One navel orange
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1 teaspoon thinly sliced fresh red chili
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon crushed marash pepper or more to taste
- Trim the fronds of the fennel bulb and the hard stems on top. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the fennel. If you do not have a mandoline, slice it as thinly as possible using a sharp knife.
- Peel the orange with a paring knife and separate into segments. If you find this difficult then, just peel the orange and slice it into 1/4" thin circles.
- Make the dressing with the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad gently with the dressing. Sprinkle the pomegranate arils and the sumac and marash pepper onto the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.