You could use this sauce with Soba noodles as well.
|Roasted Eggplant salad with a peanut butter and sesame oil dressing|
3 Asian eggplants - each 6 inches long (these are the light purple variety available in Asian markets or farmers markets)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the eggplants in a single layer. Make small slits in the eggplant to prevent it from bursting while they are being roasted.
- If they are slender, they should be done in 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut off the top of the eggplant and remove the skin. Cut the eggplants into 1 1/2 inch pieces and arrange on the serving dish.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, with the toasted sesame oil, sesame chili oil, rice wine vinegar and the soy sauce to thin it out. Now add the minced ginger and garlic to the sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the eggplant. Sprinkle the sliced spring onion and serve.