The beginning of this almostveg foodies world.....

Today is a nice warm day in New York after all those months of frightfully cold weather and I decided to start writing this blog that I have been contemplating for a few years.

I got married to a complete vegetarian many years ago and that is when my vegetarian journey started. I began to look at vegetables differently - till then, vegetables needed to be cooked with seafood or meat to be interesting. Then we had a little girl and she turned out to be genetically vegetarian too. I didn't think that was possible, but I was proved wrong.

I decided to make it my mission to find exciting ways to cook vegetables to keep us all happy. In the beginning it was a process of gleaning through cookbooks and slowly I found that most of the vegetarian cookbooks out there had a lot of repetitive recipes and it was quite unexciting as well. Then we moved to New York and I was introduced to the world of seasonal farmers markets and it opened up a whole new avenue for me to try my hand at creating interesting food.

I also attended Culinary school for a year and trained to be a chef, but the hours in the kitchen were not for me. So, I chose to keep my family and friends happy and am now in the process of writing a vegetarian cookbook. The culinary school experience was very fulfilling and gave me a great exposure to various techniques and a variety of ingredients. Today I am able to look at a set of ingredients and come up with a dish that is healthy and delicious.

My culinary style is mainly influenced by the years that I spent living in the sub-continent and south east Asia. Fresh, light and easy is what I cook. Look forward to some interesting recipes as I add to the blog in the days to come.
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz

Comments

Popular Posts